I could've been your girl


I've always had a love/hate relationship with She & Him. I'm pretty certain that its' more of the love than the hate. I think some of their songs could be part of my life's soundtrack but there's other songs that I grew to hate. And when I say hate I really mean utterly HATE.  So I thought I'd share their latest video released a couple of days ago so that you can help me decide what is it that I feel.

Don't get me wrong I love Zooey Deschanel even if she's a little overrated. I mean, she's not the first person ever to go with that girly reto vintage style but my gosh she really is good at it. I like that she mastered silliness and is a little over the top but doesn't make me want to scream at the screen "Hey lady, what are you doing? Stop it, it's embarrassing". I must admit though thats sometimes her voice is super booooring.

As for M. Ward... Ugh, I don't have enough words to describe how much I love his music ever since his amazing EP 'Duet for guitars #2' I can honestly say I'll consume anything and everything that this man produces. He is just that good.

So the conclusion here is that... Actually there's no conclusion. I still can't decide if I like them (Mostly because of Zooey, though it's really not her fault) but I did really like this song and been playing in on repeat the whole afternoon while cleaning the house today.

Hope you like it.
Happy weekend friends!