Beauty Monday: Speak Louder & Beauty Bloggers


Ok ok it's time to admit it! I've been on a Mac high lately. I don't know why I go through this phases where I absolutely hate makeup and think it's enslaving and daunting and I have way better things to do with my time and it's just really not worth at all it but then I rediscover how much I love it and become obsessed and can't think of anything else and I think it's brilliant and makes me want to play with colors and shades and it feels so good!

I've been thinking, eating, sleeping makeup and beauty products lately. I find myself saying out loud words like "creemsheen, matt, frost and dewy" when I'm going through my daily to do list or when I'm at the grocery store staring at food and its all a little bit strange for me. I mean, I didn't even know I had it in me, this beauty loving thing. I didn't start wearing makeup until I was like 18 or 19 but I often think 'Oh my! I wish I could be a makeup artist and spend my days talking about it with people who do care and understand what I'm saying' over and over again (My man, bless his heart, is clueless. But then again I can't ask a guy to know about this stuff or even give a rats ass about it). 

That's why I've been loving Beauty bloggers so much lately. Everything looks so glamorous and pretty and girlie and I just want to buy everything they recommend. I've taken advantage from the fact that I'm STILL sick as a dog and spent hours peeking through all their blog posts, looking for swatches, learning about all the different formulas out there and more exciting, going out and trying out the products myself. Blogs like Viviana Does Makeup, Essiebutton, I Covet Thee and my latest addiction Lipstick With Some Sunshine which I featured on a post last week.

It was while doing my research that I stumbled upon this beauty. Mac's Speak Louder. A beautiful creemsheen in a medium-dark pink shade. I like that it has kind of blue undertones so it goes well with my NC 35 skin (I'm weird about pinks and reds with warmer undertones and how they look on me even though people say that for warmer skin tones they do look nice). It also goes on beautifully and is moisturising; it seriously lasts for hours even while eating.

I do need to clarify that I've always been a shy girl when it comes to lip colours. I tend to go without any lip products except maybe some Chapstick or go for the nudest nudes and soft pinks when I do want some "colour" on my lips so I'm working really hard on breaking out of my shell and trying to rock those bold colours I feel so drawn to lately. I've been testing this little guy on short trips to the grocery store or on a girls night out I must say it makes me feel like a million bucks!

How do you feel about bold lips? and what MAC lipstick is your favorite? I would love to hear some suggestions because I'm seriously considering getting a couple more.

Have a lovely week everyone!